Title: Love Rediscovered - The Phone Call
Author: Tienco
E-Mail: tienco@msn.com
Rating: R
Spoilers: Everything up to "Primevil". After that, it's my own universe.
Distribution: Email author for info
Disclaimer: Josh, WB ect...
Feedback: Email author feedback!
Author's Notes: This is completely my favorite story I think I've ever written. It is set 10 years in the future. There is a character death here. Not gruesome or anything, but I wanted to warn you, there is angst.


Willow frowned, looking around. She was in a familiar dining room...at Joyce Summers' house? "This is bizarre," Willow said to no one in particular. "I haven't been here in years."

She jumped when the phone rang. She paled, knowing if she answered, Riley would tell her Graham was dead. Just like ten years ago when Giles called to say Ms. Calendar had died. "No," she shook her head, staring at the phone.

"Willow, pick up the phone."

She spun around. Riley was standing there, a cell phone to his ear. "No," she replied. "I'm not."

"Answer it. I have to tell you about Graham's death," Riley urged her, nodding towards the phone.

"NO!" she screamed. She shot up and looked around, realizing that she was still in her bedroom, and it had been a dream. She closed her eyes and fought back a sob.

She was still in bed....with Spike. She looked over slowly, seeing the blond sleeping peacefully. An old feeling tugged at her at her heart....one she thought had died ten years ago. One she knew she'd never act on.

"Answer the bloody phone, pet," Spike murmured without opening his eyes.

Willow glared at him, then turned to pick up the phone. "R...Riley?" she whispered, afraid of more bad news.

"No...Angel."

She sighed a breath of relief. "Thank the Goddess. Did you and Delia get home safely?"

"Safe and sound. Of course, she bitched about her hair the whole way..." A small chuckle escaped Angel's lips. "Only person I know more anal about their hair than me."

"But you love her," Willow said softly, a tear falling down her cheek.

"I do, yes, I do." Angel sighed. "Willow, I have to tell you something. I did...something....that I'm not sure was a good thing."

"What?" Willow asked.

"I...er...I told Spike. About Graham. I think he's coming to see you."

Willow smiled. "He is, and he's here. Thank you, Angel."

Spike opened an eye at the mention of his sire. "Let me talk to him, Red."

Willow glanced at the blond. "Angel, I'm gonna let you talk to Spike. I'm exhausted and need sleep." She yawned.

"Cool. Hey, me and Delia... we love you."

"Love you too, Angel," she said. She passed the phone to Spike and laid back down, promptly falling asleep.

Spike turned so his back was to Willow. "Hey, Peaches."

"Spike, is it safe sleeping in the same bed with her?" Angel asked, knowing his childe would end up getting hurting somehow.

"Bloody hell, Peaches, she's hurting! It's not as if I'm going to take advantage of a mourning widow! Maybe 20 years ago, but not now. Not Willow. She hasn't slept in five days, and she's finally sleeping now."

"Good. Let her sleep."

"I am, dad," Spike said sarcastically.

"How are you holding up?" Angel's voice was a whisper, but Spike could hear the concern.

Spike glanced back at Willow. She was sleeping. Not completely peaceful, but sleeping nonetheless. "She's more beautiful than I remember. And she still radiates the same innocence...." Spike sighed. "I thought I'd stopped loving her..."

"Are you going to tell her?" Angel interrupted.

"Hell no! Angel, she loved Graham more than life itself! I can't....she's got too much going on in her life. I don't need to add to it. I just think that finding out that some soft silly vampire is in love with her is the last thing she needs to deal with."

"Spike..."

"It's for the best, Peaches. I'll be here, I'll hold her, I'll do whatever she needs. But she will NEVER know I love her."

Willow turned over and snuggled to Spike. "Oh, Graham, I love you too."

"Anyway," Spike whispered, his voice filled with emotion, "I need to go."

"Spike, I'm sorry....but thank you for taking care of her."

"Yea, Peaches, you bloody owe me. I'm becoming too soft, and somehow, it's all your fault."

Angel chuckled. "Bye, Spike."

"Bye, Peaches." Spike reached over Willow and hung up the phone. He pulled the tiny witch closer to him and fell asleep.

+ Back to the Archive + Part 3


The Don't Kill Spike Club is owned and operated by Jamie Marsters.
This site is maintained by Dayloro & Amezri.
Site design and graphics by AstrumIgnis Productions.